Sunday, September 2, 2012

I Miss You Already

I miss you already!

    A little over a week ago, I met a newcomer in the rooms. I was instantly drawn to him and knew that I wanted to get to know him better. I wanted to be in his presence. I offered him a ride to the noon meeting the following day and he accepted. We talked a little that night on the phone and text back and forth for a little while. He is staying in town after coming from treatment to get himself together before he goes back home to Philly.
    The next morning I picked him up early and we went to the gym. I like going to the gym every morning. We worked out and then came back here. We spent some time together and then we went to the noon meeting. He was explaining that staying where he was staying was not conducive to his recovery. I invited him to stay with me until he gets on his feet. This was done with the understanding that I am here to help him with his recovery and give him a safe place to stay. We are friends and that's it.
   We began sleeping together and he is completely moved in. All he is looking for is a friend, his freedom and recovery. He wants to put his life back together again and I respect him for that!! I started developing feelings for him.
    I know he has other relationships and children back home. I know that he will return home and I am already sad at the thought of seeing him leave. He is setting the bar for other men who will come into my life. He is showing me how to be a friend. He is showing me how to respect myself and love myself and my children. He points out my control issues. He is helping me grow. He is making me question my spirituality and making me ask questions to grow. I appreciate that.
    God puts people in my life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. It is not up to me to question why someone has been placed in my life or how long they will be here. It is my job to enjoy it and build a friendship that will last for life and it is up to me to create memories and make the most of his being in my life.
     No matter how long he is here, he will be missed when he leaves. I will value and treasure this friendship for life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment